As a homeowner in Miami-Dade County, Florida, it is essential to be aware of the maintenance requirements for your newly installed HVAC system. Ignoring these requirements can lead to fines for both the landlord and tenant, as stated in Chapter 8CC of the Miami-Dade County Code of Ordinances. The most important maintenance requirement is to make sure that any Chapter 19 violations are corrected within the compliance period specified in the fine. If this is not done, Miami-Dade County will take action and make the corrections at the homeowner's expense.
In addition to this, there are several other maintenance tasks that homeowners should carry out on their HVAC systems. These include:
- Checking the air filter regularly and replacing it when necessary.
- Cleaning the condenser coils and evaporator coils on a regular basis.
- Inspecting the ductwork for any signs of damage or leaks.
- Checking the thermostat settings to ensure they are accurate.
- Testing the safety controls on a regular basis.
- Inspecting the electrical connections for any signs of corrosion or damage.
This will help to reduce energy costs and extend the life of the system. It is also important to remember that failure to comply with these maintenance requirements can result in fines for both the landlord and tenant.